Are you making the most of the training you commission?
Make sure you are clear about what you want and discuss this with your trainer/s
- Check dates, times & the availability of any technology needed
- Will there be hand-outs and can you print these off in advance?
- How many people do you want to attend? This is really important as some topics are very practical and don’t lend themselves to large numbers
- Are your staff ready for the topic you have chosen: have you checked what they need to know before attending this course?
- Do staff need to prepare/bring anything along with them?
- Would you like attendance certificates for staff?
- Be clear about what you want your staff to achieve (your trainer/s should identify the key learning points – KLPs).
- How will you know if the course has been successful? Your trainer/s should be able to gather ‘before & after’ information and present this to you in a way which will measure impact
And finally – and most importantly: have you received and accepted a quote for your training?
Now you are good to go!
On the day: a reputable trainer will gather information about what your staff feel they already know about the key learning points (see above). This exercise will be repeated at the end of the course. You will receive a brief report which summarises the ‘before and after’ information and analyses what this means – things to be aware of and what your ‘next steps might be.